当前位置: 首页 » 译者名家 » 讲话致辞 » 联合国秘书长古特雷斯2020年新年致辞

联合国秘书长古特雷斯2020年新年致辞

发布日期:2020-02-04      阅读数:1193 次

Message by United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres on the Occasion of the 2020 New Year
联合国秘书长安东尼奥·古特雷斯2020年新年致辞


From here at the United Nations, I join you in welcoming the New Year.
我在联合国,和大家一起迎接新年。

We enter 2020 with uncertainty and insecurity all around.  
我们带着不确定性和不安全感进入2020年。

Persistent inequality and rising hatred. 
不平等持续存在,仇恨情绪日益高涨。

A warring world and a warming planet. 
世界在交战,地球在变暖。

Climate change is not only a long-term problem but a clear and present danger.
气候变化既是长期问题,更是实实在在的近期危险。

And we cannot afford to be the generation that fiddled while the planet burned.
气候变化不断加剧,我们不能事不关己高高挂起。

But there is also hope. 
但是,我们也要看到希望。

This year, my New Year’s message is to the greatest source of that hope: the world’s young people. 
 今年,我向全世界青年发出新年贺词,青年就是当今世界的希望。

From climate action to gender equality to social justice and human rights, your generation is on the frontlines and in the headlines.
在气候行动、性别平等、社会正义和人权等领域,青年一代站在了第一线,全世界都在关注青年。

I am inspired by your passion and determination. 
你们的热情和决心激励着我。

You are rightly demanding a role in shaping the future. 
你们提出公正要求,要在塑造人类未来中发挥自己的作用。

And I am with you.
我支持你们。

The United Nations stands with you – and belongs to you. 
联合国支持你们——联合国属于青年。

2020 marks the 75th anniversary of the United Nations.
2020年是联合国成立75周年。

We are launching a Decade of Action for the Sustainable Development Goals, our blueprint for a fair globalization.
我们正在启动可持续发展目标行动十年,这是我们实现公平全球化的蓝图。

This year, the world needs young people to keep speaking out. Keep thinking big. Keep pushing boundaries. And keep up the pressure.
新的一年,世界需要青年一代。你们要大胆直言。保持理想。打破禁锢。努力前行。

I wish you peace and happiness in 2020. 
 祝你们2020年平安幸福。

Thank you.
谢谢大家。

 

来源:联合国官网 日期:2020年1月14日

心译翻译工作室

英语翻



»郑重声明:本网站文章均来源于原创和网络转载,所有内容仅代表个人观点。版权归心译翻译工作室和文章所有人共有,欢迎转载。但未经作者同意转载必须保留此段声明,并给出文章链接,否则我们保留追究法律责任的权利!如果本文侵犯了您的权益,请联系我们。
  浏览首页 加入我们 联系我们 合作公司