1. It is difficult to be water for one who has seen the great sea, and difficult to be clouds for one who has seen the Yangtze Gorges. —— Translated by Lin Yutang
2. No water’s enough when you have crossed the sea; no cloud is beautiful but which crowns the peak. —— Translated by Xu Yuanchong
3. The blue sea makes all other waters unworthy of the name, after Wushan, other clouds are mere puffballs above.
4. After experiencing the magnificence of the ocean, all other sources of water seem inferior; after witnessing the incomparable clouds of the majic moutain of the fairies, all other clouds are of no significance.
5. Once being the vast ocean, other rivers are hardly water; besides the cloud of Mount Wu, no other cloud is named cloud.