1. She is a rose of loveliness.
2. He is a peach to work with.
3. He has three sons but his daughter is the apple of his eye.
4. He was the No.1 seed in the table-tennis championship.
5. A man of learning is supposed to be some pumpkins.
6. He is a real daisy.
7. The country lost the flower of its youth in the war.
8. She’s a Chaplin nut: She’s seen all his films.
9. I asked him to speak at the meeting, but he did not even attend; what a broken seed!
10. It was now the turn of these young sprouts to get their ears beaten back.
11. Have a look at this, old bean!
12. That boy has been a thorn in every teacher’s side since he entered the school.